Grant Guidelines Download PDF
Who May Apply?
Any K-12 school district participating in the National School Lunch Program is eligible to apply. There is one application that accommodates requests for either a single salad bar package or, for larger districts, multiple salad bar packages.
How Does This Process Work?
- Submit application, including signed verification form from the Foodservice Director and Superintendent.
- You will receive an acknowledgment that your application has been received and is being processed to determine whether your application is approved.
- Once you receive notice that your application has been received and that your school/district is approved to receive salad bar donations, your district will appear on a list of districts eligible for community donations. Your district will then be eligible to receive donations in support of your salad bar program. Donations for your district can also be sent via snail mail directly to Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools.
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools contacts you when funds become available for your salad bar(s)
- Once funded, your salad bar(s) is/are ordered for shipment and will be delivered to your school(s).
- Your students eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Your district is required to complete an evaluation twice over the two years following your grant.
- Total raised so far $6,107,144
- Our goal $15,000,000
- Kids served 1,245,500
- Salad bars granted 2,491